Translator

May 22, 2015

Japanese Bento box

I made tempura shrimp for the first time to put in my bento box today!

Here's my work station. :D
I tried to make a chopstick rack that they could sit on while I waited for the oil to heat... But they fell back in the bowl later on, haha.
Waiting for the oil to go up to 375 degrees!
Splatted everywhere!
Finished!
White container: soy sauce, tempura shrimp, kale, and cocktail sauce.
Blue container: Apricot, lemons, avocado, onigiri (rice balls) with nori sheets (seaweed).
Just bought a new soy sauce and I love the container! :D
I ate my bento box on the patio, it tasted good! :)
 Mini onigiri (rice ball) dipped in soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
mixing the rice, shrimp, avacado, and soy sauce tasted like sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment